If you are a fitness lover, you must have heard of elliptical machines. They offer a low-impact workout on your lower and upper part of the body. They are great for aging joints and aerobic workouts. Elliptical machines can help you in weight loss too.
There are many benefits of buying elliptical machines. They are impact-free and reduce stress and strains on your legs through dedicated motion. It mimics the natural motion of walking and reduces weight in the process. It also offers weight bearing exercise and can be a great workout for your whole body.
Apart from all these functionalities, elliptical machines are popular because of their versatility and low maintenance. However, it is important to remember that each elliptical machine is slightly different in the way it functions and hence their benefits might slightly differ from each other.
If you are thinking about buying Schwinn 411 Compact Elliptical Machine for your workout session, then it would be a good idea to read this review before making the purchase. This is a detailed review wherein we have listed all the thoughts and facts about the equipment so that you can take an informed purchasing decision.
There are various exclusive features in the machine that might grab your attention. These specifications make this equipment stand out from other ellipticals of the same range. Have a look at all the points to see if it fits in your requirements:
- With Schwinn 411, you can perform low-impact cardio at a fraction of the size of other elliptical machines.
- With this elliptical, you can get access to Explore the World app that would take you to exotic locals and fantastic trails around the globe.
- It is a space saving machine with 18” stride length.
- It has a streamline console that displays various important information like time, distance, calories, speed and heart rate.
- It is equipped with padded handlebars that are movable and fixed for heart rate contact grips.
- It comes with 16 levels of resistance. You can challenge yourself more or less, just the way you want.
- With a built in rack, keeping media devices and water bottles on the machine has become very convenient.
We have curated reviews from different customers along with our own experience with the equipment, to list down all the advantages that this machine offers:
- Compact Design- The Schwinn 411 elliptical comes with a compact design. It gives you the benefits of full body workout in a very small space unlike other ellipticals. It comes with 18” stride length, which means you can easily keep it even if you have space crunch. The unit weight is quite light too.
- Movable and fixed handlebars- It has both movable and fixed padded handlebars designed for your convenience. Depending on the type of workout you are performing, you can set the handlebars just the way you want.
- Built-in media shelf- The built-in media shelf makes workout a more fun experience. Workout can get monotonous for some people, by watching videos or listening to songs while working out can add a fun distraction for a few people.
- EKG hand grip sensors- It comes with EKG hand grip sensors which is very convenient and efficiently monitors your heart rate. Monitoring the heart rate is important while you are working out, as it would give you a clear idea about your progress.
- Multiple resistance levels- It comes with 16 resistance levels, which means you can make your workout as easy or challenging as you want with this machine. You can level up the resistance meter as you become experienced with the workouts.
- Streamline console- It comes with a streamline console wherein you can monitor different things like time, speed, distance, calories, and heart rate. Keeping a track of all the details is very easy and convenient with the built-in console.
- Explore World App- The explore world app offers unique experience to the users. By installing this app on your smartphone, or I-Pad, you will be able to digitally immerse yourself in various courses. It comes with 3 free courses wherein you can explore exotic locations, and amazing trails. To explore more, you would have to take up the app subscription.
There are few cons of this machine as well, we have listed it all below:
- Non-backlit console- The console, even though it displays multiple things, is non-backlit. It means the information will get hard to read on if you are using the machine in a darker surrounding. Also, the size of the console is on the smaller side.
- 18” stride- The 18” stride does make the elliptical machine compact, but it might be an inconvenience for a few people. If you are someone who has worked on ellipticals with bigger stride, you might find it a little challenging to work with this one.
- No incline- This variant of machine comes without an incline. Even though it would not be a problem for most people, a few might find issues in it. Some people have reported back pain problems due to the absence of incline in the machine.
- The lowest resistant is high- Few people have found that the lowest level of resistance that this machine offers is quite high for them. They have suggested that compared to other ellipticals, working out at the lowest resistance level with this one is comparatively tougher.
If you are searching for an affordable elliptical, that is equipped with compact design from a renowned brand like Schwinn, you can check out this variant. The Schwinn 411 elliptical machine is a basic model that would help you to have a decent work out, if you do not care about fancy features.
It is one of the best models in the market, that you can buy if you have a small workout area. Thus, it can be concluded that the machine does its job with efficiency. And at the given price point, it is offering all the features that you would need for a good work out.